Saturday, June 6, 2009

Karmic Lament

This poem is based on the archetype of the Wounded Healer.


Karmic Lament


I have opened so many doors

For others to walk through;

I have loved so often and well;

I have forgiven so many times

That the leafy shreds I use

To bind my wounds are worn as well and

Sigh for my deliverance.


Love, deliver me so that

I may be enveloped in your comfort;

Hold me in your lap.

This time, open the door for me;

Welcome me to surrender.

Welcome me to the care

Of a loving trust, for I cry,

Kneeling, bruised, weeping from

Wounds that seep so slowly

My breath is but a sutured sob.


And know, Love, that I cannot do

Again what I know I must.


© 2007 Anne


And I didn't. I pulled the arrow out and my wound is healing. Adios to that archetype.

No comments:

Post a Comment